This is a family go-to if I have to make dinner in a hurry. I gave Thai Food a try a couple years ago and fell in love! After messing around with ingredients, I’ve come up with a quick way to get Thai on our dinner table that kids and adults are happy to indulge on.
This recipe feeds 4-6 people.
4 pieces of chicken breast
1/2 an onion cut in cubes
2 cups frozen broccoli
2 cups frozen bell pepper mix
One 13.5 oz can of coconut cream
One 11 oz jar of yellow curry. you may also substitute for a tablespoon curry power and add another can of coconut cream.
1 tsp ginger powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp coconut oil
Slice of lime
3 Minute microwavable rice (Trader Joe's find)
As for vegetables and meat choices, get creative with what you have available at home! This is what I usually have in my freezer and fridge for this particular meal. My kids and husband love broccoli and bell peppers. The whole idea of this meal is to make it on the fly.
Suggestions: Add pineapple, green beans, asparagus or mushrooms. This would also be delicious with beef or duck!
1. Heat a cast iron pan at medium/high heat.
2. Mix together the spices listed above to create a blend.
3. Season chicken evenly with half of your spice blend.
4. Add sesame and coconut oil to cast iron.
5. Gently lay chicken in pan and cook 4-5 mins per side or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
6. Remove chicken to rest. 7. Add onions and cook until clear.
8. Then, add your frozen vegetables and put lid on pan to cook through.
9. Add coconut cream, curry, remainder of spices and stir together.
10. Cook until bubbles start popping up, then turn heat down to simmer
11. At this time, make quick rice in microwave. I use the Trader Joe's 3 minute rice.
12. As rice is cooking, dice up chicken and add to pan.
13. Plate your meal by first spooning in rice, then curry mix, and finally, basil with a squeeze of lime!
This meal is BETTER the next day as it marinades! As well, highly recommend making a ton so you can have left over for meal prep lunches.